Top Ten Reasons to Stay at The Abbey
1. Interesting HistoryBefore The Abbey Resort was the only full service resort on the shores of Geneva Lake, it was inhabited by Potawatomi Indians that hunted and fished around the lake. This portion of the land on the west end of Geneva Lake was later purchased by in 1839 at a hefty rate of $1.25 per acre from the government land office. Construction of the resort began in 1962, starting with excavating the harbor by hydraulic dredging of 242,000 cubic yards of earth, which in turn was pumped back onto The Abbey property, raising the land six feet. Throughout its history, the resort has preserved a great sense of tradition while continuing to welcome change and improvement. In 2005, the now 90-acre, 334 room resort underwent a $40 million redevelopment. The final phase was completed in 2008 with a major investment in the all-new Avani Spa. The Abbey continues to go through innovative renovations every year, to keep things fresh for all guests.
2. Located on the shores of geneva lakeGeneva Lake is a favorite attraction to many in the Midwest area, and luckily, The Abbey Resort is located directly on the shores of the beautiful lake. Wake up in a Harbor View room to enjoy an unbeatable sunrise that will start your morning perfectly. Falling in love with Geneva Lake is easy, especially when you're on the quiet side where Fontana resides. Spend a day at Fontana Beach for free when staying at The Abbey to get the full lake life experience while you're in the area.
3. outstanding on-site restaurantsThe Abbey Resort offers wonderful dining options for every palate. 240° West is our signature establishment, featuring a combination of locally sourced delicious cuisine and exceptional rustic ambiance. Guests enjoy breathtaking views of Lake Geneva while savoring the creations of Executive Chef Joshua North. On weekends Bar West, serves delicious small plates and cocktails to enjoy with live music. The Waterfront is our casual dining experience, offering indoor and outdoor patio seating, and the best barbecue on the lake. Drink, dine and dance the night away with a full bar, delicious food and live entertainment every weekend. Early risers can get their coffee drinks at Café Latte, which features Starbucks Coffee and scrumptious breakfast treats, plus grab-and-go options.
4. Virtual Entertainment CenterStep beyond the flat screen of video games and become a part of the action as you move freely in a virtual environment. Using high powered gaming PC's, the fully immersive HTC Vive Head Mounted Display and a pair of hand controllers, you're not just playing the game - you're a part of it. Watch your favorite team on the big screen or experience epic movies in our cinema. Sit in one of our comfortable theater seats and watch the crystal clear picture on our 90" screen while the sound surrounds you, pulling you into the action. Recharge and refuel with items from the café. Hot dogs, brats and popcorn to beer, wine and soda, you'll have what you need to get back into the game.
5. world class avani spaYour first steps into Avani Spa will have you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated immediately with newly remodeled showers, steam and inhalation rooms, makeup stations and more. Explore the full menu of massages, body and facial treatments, which are sure to calm your mind and soothe your spirit. Gentlemen benefit from treatments and services just for them, and we even have something for teens. Guests of Avani Spa have access to Avani Atrium private pool, whirlpool and the state-of-the-art fitness center. We offer exciting packages tailored to your particular needs, from babymoon pregnancy massage to our signature Rejuvenation Day Package.
6. indoor and outdoor poolsMake a splash in any of our pools throughout the resort! Enjoy our indoor pool accompanied by a snack station, hot tub and kiddy pool, perfect for the little ones. During the summer, jump into one of our outdoor pools that feature a family pool, adults only pool, multiple hot tubs and a kiddy pool with various water features. Pair your day at the pool with some refreshing ice cold drinks and delicious snacks at Gazebo Grille. You're bound to have a ton of fun at any of our resort pools any season of the year!
7. partnerships with local businessesTime to put The Abbey concierge to work! Enjoy plenty of discounts and deals at various local businesses in the area when you stay at The Abbey. Whether you're looking for a day of golf, a cruise on Geneva Lake or a show encompassed with live horses in a spectacular show, The Abbey concierge can get a great deal on any activity. Check out our packages page to find out how you can save even more money and do some of your favorite Lake Geneva activities.
8. ample wedding and meeting spaceThe Abbey Resort provides wide array of dynamic indoor and outdoor wedding and meeting space available for your next Lake Geneva, Wisconsin event. From our eight-person Waterfront Board Room to the 10,000-square-foot Harbor Ballroom, there are venues that will accommodate your event of any size. Our event coordinators are available to assist in every step of the planning process, from catering to tech support. We also offer several all-inclusive event packages, which you can customize to a degree. With so many exciting choices, we're confident you'll find the Lake Geneva event venue that's perfect for your specific needs.
9. on-site boat rental - gordy's marineReady for a day on the lake? Guests of The Abbey Resort are welcome to take advantage of Gordy's Marine, with a rental office directly outside Abbey guest rooms. Enjoy a discount for being a guests of The Abbey Resort and choose between 20-foot or 22-foot Cobalt Blue Bowriders, seating 6 and 8 respectively, for hourly, half-day and full day rentals. Your Geneva Lake adventure starts with boat rental from Gordy's Marine!
10. resort activities galore!There is something to do for everyone at The Abbey Resort! Whether you're riding bikes up to Duck Pond, making crafts in Rainbow Point or enjoying a competition of various lawn games, you won't be bored on your vacation. Enjoy movies, guided games and a whole lot of fun when you stay at The Abbey! Pick up an activities guide from the front desk to find out what's going on while you're staying at The Abbey!
Back to Blog