Top 7 Winter Activities
1. ice skatingIt's a brrrand new day, glide across the ice at The Abbey Resort Ice Rink! Resort guests can enjoy complimentary skating on this weather dependent rink from morning to night. Just grab your family, stop by the Activities Office and check out a pair of skates! After skating warm up by cuddling with a cup of cocoa from Café Latte.
2. Ski down wilmot mountainWhat better way to spend your day than on a mountain top covered with snow? You'll have snow much fun with nearly 120 skiable acres, 23 trails, 7 lifts, 2 surface conveyor lifts and progression terrain parks, there is enough terrain to challenge experts to beginners, day or night! View our Stay and Ski Package for a mountain of deals and fun!
3. build a harbor snowmanAbbey the snowman was a jolly, happy soul! Spend your day in front of the frozen Abbey Harbor while creating a friend of snow to last during your entire stay! The fun doesn't stop there on though - design unique snow forts, test your competition in a snow ball fight or create beautiful snow angels to make the most of your winter wonderland stay!
4. resort bonfiresWarm up by a blazing fire with complimentary hot apple cider and a delicious melt-in-your-mouth s'more. Create warm memories in the cold of winter by cuddling up with your family around the fireplace as the snow sparkles in the moonlight. We may be able to melt away the frozen snow on your boots, but the memories will always stay.
5. ice fishingBe adventurous and catch some fish on the frozen Geneva Lake! Grab your buddies and your fishing pole for a fun day. Catch fish like blue gill, sun fish and bass! Don't forget to grab the drink of the month from Café Latte to keep you warm on this chilly day. Local fishing guides are also available to provide you with tips and gear. Ask The Abbey Concierge for more information.
6. snow bikesDon't let the weather stop your biking fun this year, drift through the snow with a snow bike or fat tire bike! Rent a fat tire bike through Backyard Bikes and choose between four different trails for your adventure. Pedal through the beautiful setting of winter with your family this season! Remember, the weather outside is frightful so don't forget to bundle up!
7. sleddingThere's nothing better than sledding down the hill faster than the winter winds! Race your friends down the hill to find out who has to carry the sleds back up. The Abbey is surrounded by great sledding hills in the area. Check out Visit Walworth County for a list of the best sledding hills in the area!
Back to Blog