Health & Safety
Giving our guests Peace of Mind
The health and safety of our guests and our associates has always been a top priority for us at The Abbey Resort. New standards are now being implemented to better ensure the cleanliness of our resort. We have partnered with our vendors including Ecolab to create the new Peace of Mind program that aims to give guests peace of mind in the guest rooms, restaurants, spa, or any other public areas.
A New Standard of Cleanliness
Working with Ecolab and other partners, we have developed new sanitation and hygiene practices using new chemicals, procedures and equipment to ensure the highest level of cleanliness in all areas of the resort.
- Guest Room Sanitation: Hospital grade, EPA-approved sanitation chemicals will be used in guest rooms prior to guest arrival.
- 8-Point High-Touch Cleaning: A checklist of frequently touched areas in each guest room will be maintained in order to ensure that they receive extra disinfection.
- New Amenities: Our current guest room amenities will be replaced with items such as antimicrobial pens and disposable glassware, and toiletry place mats will be provided.
- Public Area Cleanliness: Peroxide Multi-Surface Cleaner and Disinfectant will be used on all high-touch surfaces in our public areas. This new cleaner is EPA approved for use against SARS-CoV-2, the vius that causes COVID-19.
Eight Point High-Touch Areas of Deep Cleaning
1. Switches & Electronic Controls: lights, lamps, switches and climate control panels
2. Handles & Knobs: doors, closets, drawers, furniture knobs and blinds
3. Bathroom & Bath Amenities: toilet handles/seats, splash walls, shower/tub controls, sink faucets, individual amenities, tissue boxes, soap dishes, amenity trays & hair dryer
4. Telephones, Remote Controls & Clocks: handsets, dial pads & buttons
5. Bed & Bedding: all bed linens including duvet covers, pillowcases & sheets
6. Hard Surfaces: tables, desk and nightstands
7. Closet & Dresser Goods: iron, microwave, safe handle and keypad
8. In-Room Amenities: glassware, ice bucket, mini fridge & coffee maker
Protecting Our Guests and Employees
Implementing a range of new and modified services that give all guests and employees Peace of Mind when arriving, checking in and staying at The Abbey. Contactless procedures and practicing social distancing will be the new norm.
- Contactless Check-In: Guests will have the ability to check in and check out via mobile app. New protocols will be implemented regarding registration cards, credit cards, and driver's license viewing.
- Keyless Entry: Your mobile phone becomes your guest room key thanks to an easily downloaded mobile app. Key cards will be available upon request and will be disinfected between uses.
- Self-Parking Service: More parking space will be available for our guests and cars will be directed by a member of our valet service to help safely navigate the lots.
- Hand Sanitizers: New touchless hand sanitizer stations will be located at high traffic locations in the resort including elevators, Avani Spa, meeting rooms and the front desk.
New Employee Safety Practices Keep Everyone Safer
Our employees take great care ensuring your stay is safe and that you have Peace of Mind. New standards of practicing social distancing and engaging in contactless delivery of service are part of our new ongoing training and awareness for all employees, as our goal is your safety.
- PPE: Protective Personal Equipment is available to all employees to protect both them and others.
- Social Distancing: Minimized contact with other associates while in work areas, and staying six feet apart is always encouraged.
- Safer At Home: If an employee is not feeling well, or is showing any symptoms, or if they have a family member sick at home, they are asked to stay home from work.
- Sharing Safety: If a guest needs sanitizer or wipes, our employees will be happy to provide them.
Food & Beverage Best Practices
Our food & beverage operations will be forever changed, and ensuring the safety of our guests and team members is paramount. Going forward, we will have much higher expectations for safety and sanitation with enhanced and visible procedures and excellent communications to earn your loyalty.
- Grooming, Uniforms & PPE: Employees will wear and use appropriate personal protective equipment according to the latest CDC policies and procedures.
- General Safety & Sanitation: All employees will be trained annually in food safety practices rather than every three to five years. ServSafe certificates are required for all food and beverage employees, including leaders.
- Reduced-Contact Service: Giving our guests personalized, memorable service is always a priority. Though our delivery of that service may alter, the standards will not diminish.
- Culinary Operations: We will place one person in charge of all culinary safety and sanitation standards and procedures. Their focus will be on training, maintaining best practices, and policy enforcement.
- Product Delivery & Storage: UV lighting will be installed in all walk-in coolers and storage areas. This will provide an extra layer of protection as the light kills bacteria and viruses.
The Avani Spa Peace of Mind
People are seeking ways to improve their health and well-being, and the use of exercise equipment and personal training services is necessary to meet individual guests’ needs. To ensure consistency in keeping guests and employees safe, we intend to implement best practices so everyone can relax and have Peace of Mind when visiting Avani Spa.
- Sanitation Front and Center: Guests not only see that a spa is clean, but it is a priority to show them and educate them on the many ways the Avani Spa takes sanitation seriously.
- Surface Checklist: Cleaning checklist for all workstations, treatment areas, countertops, massage and facial tables, chairs, warming equipment, reception and common areas, skincare equipment, fitness machines, et al. to be completed after every use.
- Employee Health and Hygiene: Safer at Home program strictly enforced. Communicate and review that PPE is standard and provided by the resort.
- Fitness and Activities: Physical distancing for equipment layout and activities.
Waterfront Gift Shop Safe Shopping
Focusing on health and safety of guests and employees, the Waterfront Gift Shop is implementing additional protocols focusing on our business that services multiple customers at once within our store. Social distancing, no contact payment, and occupancy controls will be implemented to ensure our guests feel safe while shopping. Employees and all guest facing positions will wear PPE, provided by The Abbey
- Signage: Signage at checkout for social distancing, post signage at checkouts reminding customers of social distancing and contactless payment.
- Inventory Rotation: Sanitize or remove product that have been worn by customers (such as clothing or jewelry). Remove from circulation for 72 hours before being returned to inventory or display.
- Social Distance Markers: Mark six-foot distances with floor tape in checkout lines, entrance, and challenge areas.
- Cleaning Frequency: Clean and disinfect checklist using hospital grade disinfectant, priority on frequently touched objects and surfaces such as workstations, cash registers, payment terminals, door handles, tables and countertops.
- Phone Sales: Delivery and curbside pickup offered to accommodate at-risk customers.